PROBLEMS WITH CHEMICALLY RELAXING THE HAIRLINE FOR A PERFECT WEAVE
My recent encounter with a client who has been hooked with chemically relaxing her hairline was quite an experience. She has been doing this to have a perfect weave for a long time. Two issues are at stake here. Client thinks the best way to look glamorous is to chemically relax the hairline to get that perfect weave. Stylist recommends relaxing the hairline to get the perfect weave. Both ideas are not good for the health of your hair. What you find is the hairline gets damaged while you still have healthy hair at the back.
My client above wanted a different hairstyle because her hair could not handle a weave anymore and this is because the natural hairline is now completely damaged.
This is an issue I am coming in contact with constantly. How do you deal with such an issue? First she complained about the last hairstyle she was wearing and how the stylist had done a bad job. I take a professional look at this hair and it needed an expert like me to create a hairstyle that is wearable. It took hours to fill in an empty hairline. The interesting part of the encounter was that this client was fussy about how her hair should look. I had to explain every step of the way for her to understand how difficult the process was to give her a look that will suit her face as well as cover the damage. What an experience.
In my experience of working with clients, lots of women want to have the most glamorous Beyonce natural looking hair that everyone thinks is growing from their scalp. We love to wear the weave but we don’t want anyone to know we are wearing a weave. Instead of applying chemical relaxers to damage the hairline, I recommend the following
- Wear a lace weave like Beyonce but stay away from the glue as these causes a lot of damage unless you are using the service of a professional. Stick to the comb attachment where necessary.
- Try the micro braids on the hairline with tree braid plaits and no-one will be the wiser while you wear the weave at the back
- Wear a full head closure weave and use very good quality extensions as they sit better on the head.
- Get a professional to do your weave and they will not force you to have a chemical relaxer hairline
- Try other hairstyles like the tree braid weave or 100% human hair braids
REMEMBER; DO NOT DAMAGE YOUR HAIR SIMPLY BECAUSE OF A LATEST HAIRSTYLE. STYLES WILL COME AND GO, BUT YOUR HAIR SHOULD BE AVAILABLE FOR THE NEXT LATEST HAIR TREND. FOR ENQUIRIES AND QUESTIONS, CONTACT US.
Natural Virgin Hair Specialist, Hair Extensions Expert, Braids & Extensions Consultant, Natural Hair Business Trainer & Adviser
Tel: 0208 983 9815