Welcome to World of Braiding & Extensions.
World of Braiding & Extensions Ltd is the World No. 1 Professionally Certified Natural Hair & Extensions Business Academy.
MISSION: Professional Natural Healthy Hair Glamour
VISION: Helping women PROSPER IN HAIR with:
1. KNOWLEDGE, INFORMATION and SKILLS training. The OBJECTIVE of our business is aimed at Helping you into SELF-EMPLOYMENT & BUSINESS CREATION. With knowledge, information and skills training, we offer you education in the understanding of Natural Hair Care, Hair Designing Skills, Hair extensions, Hair products and accessories. This focus is aimed at making you an EXTENSIONS & NATURAL HAIR CARE PRACTITIONER.
You will be able to share your skills with your clients even when you are still in training with us. Our training comes in two major formats – Practical Hands-on skills in Braiding, Weaving and adding Extensions to hair as well as gaining Knowledge and Information in the Industry with our theory Masterclass in Hair Business Enterprise.
2. The business is also aimed at offering Professional services at protecting and glamorising our clients with Natural hairstyles such as Hair Braiding, Weaves and extensions. We therefore operate a Natural Hair & Extensions Salon where we offer the services of natural hair designing & grooming such as braiding, cornrowing, twisting, locking, fusion strand-by-strand extensions, weaving etc. Our slogan is all about Natural Healthy Glamorous Hair. “Don’t go bald before you grow old”. We do not believe in our clients having hair damage or loosing hair or going bald.
After our two main programmes above, we have the other aspects of our business as follows:
3. Part of our business is the Joy Phido International Personal Development Programes where we encourage women for Mental Development ready for business.
4. Be part of the World of Braiding Alumni Students where we support you through networking events, workshops, seminars etc. You interact with other women who have been through our training and have already set up their own businesses. This opportunity gives everyone who is interested in running a business in Natural Hair & Extensions industry to get support, advise and have the chance to discuss issues that are affecting their start-up, growth etc. You become part of the family of Natural Hair Care industry and you will no longer be alone to operate your business. Your worries becomes a problem of the industry and we will share it together. We will stand behind you and make you strong to encourage you to grow.
5. Natural Hair Professional Agency. This is a pool of trained Extensions & Natural Hair Care Practitioners who come together to network and share their skill and learn from each other. The coming together creates strength through unity.
6. Get inspired when you join Joy Phido’s Business Coaching Programme and gain over 20 years of business experience, knowledge and skill.
Hair Braiding is the interweaving of strands of hair. This artistic skill of designing hair is simply another form of grooming hair just like the other grooming methods of hair cutting, brushing and hair dressing. Hair braiding is an age old culture which started in Africa. Hair braiding has now developed beyond the cultural divide which has been the case and is now a hair grooming technique that is practiced and appreciated worldwide on all hair types. Celebrities and people of all cultures now braid their hair and this has led to the high demand for this skill as a thing of beauty and a skill for business.
This unique skill has only been taught in families and being passed on from generations to generations. The demand by celebrities and the general public has led to the need for people to seek this skill in high proportion. Braiding shops and salons are a rarity and most businesses especially hairdressing salons tend to combine the skill of braiding to their normal skill of hair dressing. World of Braiding therefore intends to face this demand of training people of all cultures in the skill of braiding and encouraging them to take up the business of running their hair braiding salons. Some of the celebrities who introduced hair braiding to the west include: Bo Derek who became known for her unique cornrow designs where she started the craze in the 70s. Among other celebrities who have enjoyed wearing braids and designed natural hair include: David Beckham, Fergie, Christina Aguilera, Lemar, Rio Ferdinand, Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Tyra Banks, Queen Latifa etc etc.